Why Do People Hate Anime


 


Because a lot of people hate anime — or just don’t care.

First issue is the overwhelming fan-service in anime today. At least half of them use some form of fan-service so they can attract horny teens. If someone was exposed to that kind of anime first (Lets say : Eromanga-sensei), I understand their disgust. It’s like watching only The Phantom Menace and say “Whaaa all Star Wars are bad”.

You can try to change their mind, but if they are not disposed to trust you and watch whatever you recommend them, it’s damn impossible to convince them. And, if you don’t know each other well, you might pass as a weirdo (and I’m sayin’ this from France, the second biggest anime consumer after Japan).

Some people consider that anime is for children and isn’t worth watching. Because there is no ‘real’ people on the screen. When that’s the case, I don’t even try. They don’t like animation in general, they’re the one missing something.

But even within anime fans, it’s sometimes complicated. One of my friend’s ex girlfriend loved anime but mainly yaoi. This doesn’t let us much room to talk since I am a male. Some people like anime that I consider as garbage and I like anime that they don’t.

I digress.

I rarely talk about anime because :

•Some people hate or don’t care about anime, and therefore this is not a topic that I adress with those people, unless the subject comes up.

•We have really different tastes, and not much anime in common to talk about.

•In some place, if you talk about anime, you’ll be a weirdo.

However, I introduced said friend and some other to Code Geass, Konosuba and Aho Girl and they loved it, and even though they won’t watch anime by themselves, they listen to my recommendations. In the end of the day, anime is a topic, just like drawing, gaming or Star Wars. If you don’t know people interested in those topics, you don’t bother them with your interests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ton Ton fruit is the most dangerous fruit in one piece